Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Profiles of some of Graduates of 2007 (Continued from the last edition)

Fall 2007

 
Meron Mesele

Leya:Tell us a little bit about yourself.

Meron : My name is Meron Mesele and I was born in Cambridge, MA but I grew up in Arlington, MA and attended Arlington High School. After my freshman year in college I moved back to Cambridge. I recently graduated from the University of Bridgeport in the class of 2007.

Leya: Why did you decide to attend the University of Bridgeport for college?

Meron:  I picked my school because I went to a predominately white high school and I felt I had to experience different cultures. During the process of researching colleges, I told my guidance counselor that I wanted diversity in the college of my choice. My guidance counselor told me about the University of Bridgeport which is third in the country in diversity. The location of my school was perfect because it was far enough from home but not too far. The size of my school was also ideal because it was small which meant that I could interact with professors’ on a one on one basis.

Leya : What is your major? Why did you choose it?

Meron” My major was psychology and I picked it because I am really interested in the reasoning behind why people act the way they do. I like analyzing people and I like listening to what people have to say. My friends often come to me for advice because I always have a way to resolve problems. Psychology is not only about giving advice but also about having people speak their problems out loud and by speaking about their problems they solve it on their own. Psychology is about helping people learn how to solve their problems on their own.

Leya” College life, was it hard at first?

Meron: When I first got to college I was not sure about what I was going to do. I was first in dental hygiene, but I soon realized it wasn't for me. Then it hit me, I was taking a lot of psychology courses that were really interesting. My favorite course was Personality. I knew that I wanted to pursue a career in psychology but I was not sure which of the many fields-that is until I started work as a nanny. By working with children I noticed how


No comments:

Post a Comment